- Sago - 1/4 cup
- Semolina - 1/2 cup
- Milk - 1/2 Litre
- Sugar - 3/4 cup or adjust
- Cardamom Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Almonds - 1 tbsp (crushed)
- Pistachio - 1 tbsp (crushed)
- Fried cashew - 1tbsp
- Fried raisin - 1tbsp
- Saffron threads - 2 pinches (soaked in a little hot milk)
- Roast the semolina with little ghee & keep it aside.
- Wash the sago & bring it to boil until it becomes soft & transparent.
- Now add milk, saffron & roasted semolina.
- Allow the semolina to cook.
- Simmer the stove & continue boiling till the milk gets thicken slightly.
- Now add sugar.
- Finally add nuts, raisin, cardamom powder.
- Remove from heat & serve hot or cold.
Tips for the recipe - You can add 50 grams of condenses milk in the end to increase the richness. In that case adjust the quantity of the sugar that needs to be added in the kheer.