- Mushrooms - 1 pack (Quater the mushrooms lengthwise)
- Onion - 1 (chopped lengthwise)
- Curry leaves - 1 spring
- Tomato - 1 (Chopped)
- Mutard & Urad dal - 1/2 tsp
- Sambhar powder or chilly powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Coriander leaves - 2 tbsp (chopped)
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Salt for taste
To Grind for masala
- Coconut - 2 tbsp
- Ginger - 3/4 inch
- Garlic - 4
- Ani seeds - 1 1/2 tsp
- Cloves - 3
- Cardamon - 3
- Cinnamon - 1/2 inch
- Grind the masala ingredients & keep aside.
- Heat oil in the kadai on high medium flame.
- Splutter mustard, urad dal, & curry leaves one by one.
- Add onions and fry till it becomes brown in color.
- Add in the tomatoes & fry till it becomes mashy.
- Now add the Mushrooms and fry well for 5 minutes.
- Add the sambhar & turmeric powder.
- Add salt & saute well.
- Add the grinded masala.
- Stir in 1/4 cup of water & reduce the flame to medium.
- Cover & cook till it absorbs the water completely & looks dry.
- Add the chopped coriander leaves & serve hot.
Tips for the recipe - Button mushroom & red onions works well for this recipe.