- Basmathi Rice - 1/2 cup
- Milk - 5-6 cups
- Sugar - 1/2 cup or as desired
- Cardamom Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Almonds - 1 tbsp (crushed)
- Pistachio - 1 tbsp (crushed)
- Saffron threads - a pinch (soaked in a little hot milk)
- Soak the rice for 1/2 an hour.
- In a heavy bottom pan add milk & rice together.
- Bring milk to boil and simmer & cook till the rice is soft.
- The kheer should have been thicken by this time.
- Add sugar & mix well.
- Add almonds, pistachio, cardamom, saffron & remove the kheer from heat.
- Serve either hot or cold.
Tips for the recipe - You can adjust the quantity of nuts as per the taste. Cook the kheer only on low medium flame.