- Cabbage - 3 1/2 - 4 cups (Chopped lengthwise)
- Moong dal (broken) - 1/4 cup
- Caster oil - 1 tsp
- Onion - 1/2 medium size onion (Chopped)
- Curry leaves - 1 spring
- Mutard & Urad dal - 1/2 tsp
- Coconut - 2 - 3 tbsp (grated)
- Green chillies - 6
- Coriander leaves - 1 - 2 tbsp
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Salt for taste
- Add 1/4 cup of water to the vegetable & cook it on low medium flame by adding Salt.
- Cook the dal separately by adding little water & caster oil.
- Cook it on medium flame, till it is slightly broken .
- Do not allow the dal to become completely mashy.
- Discard the water completely & keep the dal aside.
- Heat oil in kadai on high medium flame.
- Splutter mustard, urad dal, curry leaves & green chilies one by one.
- Add onions, salt and fry till it becomes brown in color.
- Now add the vegetable and dal fry well.
- Finally add the coconut ,coriander leaves & mix well.
- Remove from heat & serve as side dish.
Tips for the recipe - Don't over cook the cabbage & the dal. You can also substitute fresh coconut with shredded frozen coconut.