There are three main steps to make good pizza. First one is the base/crust, second is pizza sause & the third is toppings. It is better if you have pizza pan,but you can still make good pizza by using baking tray. This recipe gives you one 12" pizza. I have divided the dough & made one 8" pizza & one 4 " pizza.
- Maida/All purpose flour - 1 cup
- Active yeast - 1 tsp
- Warm water - 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp
- Olive oil - 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Tomato - 2 medium size
- Garlic (or garlic powder) - 2 finely chopped
- Tomato sause - 2 tbsp
- Olive oil - 1 tsp
- Mortadella cheese - 1 tsp
- Pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Basil - 1/4 tsp
- Oregano - 1/4 tsp
- Salt - a pinch
- Capsicum - 1/2 cup
- Onion - 1/2 medium size (thinly chopped)
- Tomato - 1/2 medium size
- Jalapenos - 1
- Olives - few
- Mushroom -1/4 cup (thinly chopped)
- Pineapple - 1/2 cup (cubed)
- Mortadella cheese (grated) - 1/2 cup
- Olive oil - 1 tbsp
For the sause
- Make a puree out of the tomatoes.
- Heat oil in the pan on medium flame & add the garlic & fry for few seconds.
- Now add the tomato puree & mix well for few minutes or until there is no raw smell.
- Now add all the other ingredients for the sause except cheese.
- When it starts becoming thick, add the cheese & switch off the flame.
For the crust
- Add the yeast in quater cup of warm water & allow it to sit for few minutes until you see the foam on top of the water.
- Now add this to the flour & mix well by sprinkling some salt in your mixing bowl. Also add 1tsp of olive oil.
- If the dough is very thick add 1 tbsp of water.
- Finally pour the remaining 1tsp of olive oil on top of the dough to shape a ball.
- Cover the bowl & keep it in a warm place until the dough doubles (approximately 1 hour).
- Now punch the dough & cover it again & rest it in a warm place,so that it raises again (this time approximately 20 - 30 minutes).
- Now nicely grease the 12 inch pan with olive oil & place the dough in it.
- Slowly spread the dough like a thin layer using your fingers.
For the topping
- Spread some pizza sause on the flattened dough.
- Arrange the vegetables one by one as shown.
- Finally sprinkle some cheese.
- Drizzle some olive oil on the edges of the crust & also some on the top.
- Bake it at 425 degree F for 20-25 minutes or till it becomes golden brown in color.
- Remove it from the pan carefully once it is done.
- Run your pizza cutter or knife to make pieces & serve hot.
Tips for the recipe - I didn't use olives & mushrooms cause i didn't have any at that time.You can also choose your own topping combos. Adding oil to the edges of the crust will give nice crispy crust.
I made small broccoli pizza & here is the topping recipe.
- Mortadella cheese (grated) - 1/4 cup
- Broccoli - 1/2 cup
- Jalapenos - 1 or 2 to taste
- Onions - 1/2 small size (thinly chopped)
- Garlic powder - to taste
- Olive oil - 1 1/2 tsp
Method - Spread some pizza sause on the flattened dough. Arrange the vegetables (broccoli, Jalapenos & onions). Sprinkle some cheese followed by the garlic powder. Drizzle some olive oil on the edges of the crust & also some on the top. Bake it at 425 degree F for 20-25 minutes or till it becomes golden brown in color.