- Chicken - 2 breast split (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- Garlic - 4 (finely chopped)
- Ginger - equal to garlic (finely chopped)
- Corn flour - 1 cup
- Egg - 1 (slightly beaten)
- Ginger-garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Soya sause - 1 tsp
- Vinegar - 2 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 - 1 1/2 tsp
- Lemon zest - 1 - 1 1/2 tsp
- Lemon rings - 6 (thinly sliced)
- Yellow food color - a pinch
- Green chillies - 8 (finely chopped)
- Spring onions - handful (diagonally chopped)
- Coriander leaves - handful
- Oil as required
- Salt to taste
- Mix 1 tbsp of corn flour in 1 cup of water & keep it aside.
- Mix soya sause, salt, ginger-garlic paste, egg & chicken together. Keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- Now coat it with the flour & slightly tap it to remove excess flour; deep fry it or shallow fry it immediately.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil & fry ginger & garlic.
- Then add green chillies.
- Now add vinegar, food color & corn flour water.
- When the mixture becomes slightly thick & saucy, add the lemon zest & juice.
- Also the chicken pieces.
- Give a final & quick mix by adding the spring onions, lemon rings & coriander leaves.
Tips for the recipe - Do not allow the chicken pieces to sit (not even few minutes) once it gets coated with the flour. Fry it immediately or else it will affect the crispiness & texture of the chicken pieces. Use light yellow color lemon(ripe) for good taste or else you may feel some bitter taste in the recipe. Also do not add the lemon juice before the sauce is ready.