I was wondering whether adding tomatoes in beetroot chutney will taste good or not. But when i tasted such a chutney i agreed really its yummy. I got this recipe from my periamma and would like to share it with every one.
- Beetroot - 2 (finely chopped or shredded)
- Onions - 2 (equal to beetroot)
- Tomato - 4
- Coconut - 2 handful
- Curry leaves - few
- Green chillies - 10
- Urad dal - 1 - 2 tbsp
- Asafoetida - 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil as required
- Microwave the chopped beetroot for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil to the pan on high medium flame.
- Add the beetroot & fry well. keep it aside.
- Fry the onions & then tomatoes.
- In the separate kadai add some oil & roast urad dal, curry leaves, green chillies, asafoetida and finally coconut.
- Cool & grind everything together to smooth chutney.
- This goes well with idly or dosa.
Tips for the recipe - For more taste you can do the seasoning with urad dal, curry leaves & asafoetida. You can do this just before serving.