- Channa (boiled) - 1 cup
- Cooked rice - 2 cups
- Mustard & urad dal - 1/2 tsp
- Grated ginger - 1 tbsp
- Grated garlic - 1 tbsp
- Onion - 1 medium size (chopped lengthwise)
- Curry leaves - few
- Sambhar powder - 2 tsp
- Coriander leaves - 2 tbsp (chopped)
- Tomato - 1 medium size (chopped)
- Coriander powder - 1/4 tsp
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in kadai, on high medium flame.
- Splutter mustard, urad dal & curry leaves one by one.
- Add ginger-garlic & fry for few minutes.
- Add onions and fry well, till it becomes light brown in color.
- Add the chopped tomatoes & continue frying.(do not make the tomatoes mashy)
- Add the chick peas & fry for 1 minute.
- Now add sambhar powder, coriander powder & salt. Fry for 30 sec - 1 min.
- Add rice the & mix well.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves.
Tips for the recipe - Cook the chick peas very softly for good taste. Preferably use thinly sliced red onion instead of white or yellow onion.