- Puff pastry sheets - 1 sheet (thawed)
- Boiled eggs - 2 (cut into half)
- Onion - 1 medium size(chopped lengthwise)
- Ginger garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
- Aniseed powder - 1/4 - 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala - 1/4 - 1/2 tsp
- Red chilly powder - 1/4 tsp
- Egg white (optional) - 1 (beaten)
- Oil - 1 - 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
For the stuffing
- Heat oil in the pan & fry ginger-garlic paste.
- Add the onions, salt & fry well.
- Add the chilly powder, garam masala powder & aniseed powder.
- Now add the eggs & mix gently.
- Switch off the flame & allow it to cool completely.
For the Puff
- Cut square shapes out of the pastry sheet (approximately 3 inches each side).
- Now place the masala with 1/2 egg in the center of the squared sheet.
- Now fold the corners of the sheet to cover the egg masala.
- Brush the egg white on top of the puff pastries.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- Place the puff pastries & bake it for 20 - 30 minutes or till the top layer becomes golden brown in color.
Tips for the recipe - Do not place the stuffing when it is hot or warm. This makes the butter in the pastries to melt & become loose. Work on the pastry sheets when it is slightly chill. So that, handing becomes easy. If you feel the sheet are not comfortable to handle then put it in the fridge for few minutes. So that it becomes cool & easy for shaping.