- Toor Dal - 1 tbsp
- Par boiled rice - 1 tbsp
- Ginger - small piece
- Hing - 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves - few
- Red chillies - 2-3
- Cumin seeds - 1tsp
- Shredded coconut - 2 tbsp
- Mustard - 1/2 tsp
- Fenugreek - 1/2 tsp
- Shallot - 10 (chopped lengthwise)
- White pumpkin - 1- 1 1/2 cup (cubed)
- Turmeric(optional) - little
- Buttermilk - 1- 1 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Oil as required
- Soak toor dal & rice for 15mints.
- Cook the vegetable with little salt & keep it aside.
- Heat little oil in the pan & roast cumin seeds, hing, curry leaves & red chillies.
- Grind this along with ginger, coconut, soaked dal & rice to smooth paste.
- Heat oil & splutter mustard, fenugreek & curry leaves.
- Add onions & roast till it turns transparent.
- Now add the grounded paste, turmeric & add the vegetable.
- Add enough water & salt & let it cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Now remove the pan from heat & add the buttermilk.
- Serve it with rice or roti.
Tips for the recipe - Soar curd taste good to make buttermilk for this curry.