- Capsicum - 2 (finely chopped)
- Onions - 1
- Tomato - 1
- Coconut - 2 handful
- Curry leaves - few
- Green chillies - 7 or adjust
- Tamarind - very little (I used 1/2 tsp of tamarind paste)
- Asafoetida - 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil as required
- Fry the chopped capsicum with little oil, till it gets cooked but not soggy or browned. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in the pan on high medium flame. Fry the onions, curry leaves, green chillies, asafoetida & then tomatoes.
- Finally add the coconut. Also some salt & tamarind.
- Cool & grind everything together to smooth chutney.
- This goes well with idly or dosa.
Tips for the recipe - For more taste you can do the seasoning with urad dal, curry leaves & asafoetida.