This is very simple kuzhambu yet delicious. This goes well with plain rice. Also can be served with idly & dosa.
- Ladies finger - 2 cups
- Shallots- 10 (chopped)
- Curry leaves - few
- Tomatoes - 2 small or 1 big
- Fenugreek seeds - a pinch
- Coriander powder - 1 1/2 tbsp
- Sambhar or chili powder - 1 tbsp
- Mustard & urad dal - 1 tsp
- Green & red chillies - 3-4 each
- Coconut - 2/3 cup
- Aniseeds - 1 tsp
- Oil as required
- Salt to taste
- Chop the ladies finger & dry roast it to remove stickiness. keep this aside.
- Head oil to the pan & splutter mustard & urad dal.
- Add fenugreek seeds, chillies, curry leaves & onions one by one.
- Fry till it becomes translucent. Add tomatoes.
- Add some salt & spice powders. when the tomatoes becomes mashy, add the vegetable & mix well.
- Now grind coconut & aniseeds. Pour this mixture in the vegetable & mix well.
- Add little water if necessary. Cover & cook for few minutes.
- Remove from flame, when it reaches desire consistency.
Tips for the recipe - Adding sesame oil will give more authentic taste than the refined oil.