(1/2 cup of masala)
- Lemon juice (approximately from 1/4th of lemon)
- Green chillies - 6
- Mint - handful
- Coriander leaves - handful
- Chicken(cut into bitable pieces) - 1 chicken breast (skin out, without ribs)
- Yogurt - 1/4 cup
- Melted butter and olive oil - 1 tbsp
- Ginger and garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder - 1/4 tsp
- Pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Grind the group I ingredients to a smooth paste.
- Mix all the group II ingredients together & add the group I paste.
- Mix well & marinate it for at-least 1-2 hour. This can be refrigerated for marination.
- Now preheat the oven to 400 degree fahrenheit.
- Thread the chicken pieces on the skewers & place it in the oven for 15- 20 minutes or till it is done.
- Do not forget to place the tray to catch the drippings.
- When the chicken is done, arrange it in the serving plate or tray.
- Sprinkle some chat masala & serve it with onion rings.
Tips for the recipe - For restaurant style tikka or tandoori turn the oven to the broil mode & continue to broil for another 1-3 minutes. While doing this, the oven door should be open. Or else this can be grilled using a griller.
I grilled one batch of boneless chicken. And for the next batch(with bones) i used the oven(posted both the pictures).
I made yogurt side dish for this. here is the recipe:
Fry 1 or 2 pinches of kasuri methi in 1 spoon of olive oil & mixed it with slightly beaten yogurt(1/2 cup). Add a pinch of black salt, & regular salt if needed. Mix and serve.