- Split moong dal - 1/2 cup
- Broccoli florets - 10- 15(medium size florets)
- Garlic - 5 (crushed & finely chopped)
- Onions - 1 small (chopped)
- Curry leaves - few
- Green chillies - 5 (slitted & chopped)
- Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
- Cumin - 1/2 tsp
- Mustard - few pinches
- Pepper corns(optional)- 1/4 tsp
- Hing - a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Oil as required
- Boil the dal till it becomes mashy.
- Clean the broccoli florets using salty warm water & keep it aside.
- Heat oil in the wok pan on medium heat & splutter some mustard, cumin & pepper corns.
- Then add hing, curry leaves, green chillies & garlic one by one.
- Roast the garlic well. Then add onions, salt & turmeric powder.
- Fry till the onions turn transparent. Then add the broccoli & continue to fry for another 5 minutes.
- Finally add the dal & some water if needed.
- Remove from stove, when the dal reaches the desired consistency & the vegetable is done.
It is simple yet tasty & healthy recipe. This goes well with rice & roti.