Ingredients (group I)
- Chicken - 250 grams (chopped into bitable size pieces)
- Onion - 1 (chopped lengthwise)
- Tomato - 1 big or medium size (chopped)
- Curry leaves - few
- Coriander leaves - 1 - 2 handfuls
- Chilly powder - 1/2 tsp (adjust)
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Chicken masala powder - 1 tsp
- Pepper - 1/4 - 1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon - 2
- Bay leaves - 2
- Cloves - 4
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
To Grind (group II)
- Kush Kush - 1 tsp
- Aniseeds - 1 1/2 tsp
- Cardamom - 2
- Cloves - 3
- Cinnamon - 1 inch
- Coconut - 4 tbsp
- Garlic - 5
- Ginger - equal to garlic
- Grind all the group II ingredients & keep it aside.
- Heat oil in the wok on high-medium flame. Put some cloves, cinnamon & bay leaves in the oil.
- Add curry leaves, chillies & onions. Fry for few mins & add tomatoes with salt, masala powder, turmeric pwd & chilly powder.
- When the tomatoes becomes mashy, its the right time to add the chicken pieces & fry for another 5mints.
- Now pour the grind masala & mix well. Add required amount of water.
- Cover & cook till the chicken is done.
- Finally add the pepper & coriander leaves. Remove from the stove.
- This gravy goes well with roti.
I made the curry little thicker. You can remove it from flame at desire consistency, once the chicken is done.