Ingredients(for the puttu)
- Puttu flour or rice flour - 1 cup
- a pinch of cumin seeds
- lightly salted water
- Sugar to taste
- Coconut - 1/4 - 1/2 cup
- Sprinkle the cumin seeds & the salted water to the puttu flour & mix well.
- Tips for the consistency - I should look crumbled.If u press it tightly, it must be able to hold it shape.When you mix it back it should fall loosely like a sand.
- Now fill the puttu maker with one layer of puttu flour & the next layer with coconut. Again third layer with puttu flour & fouth with coconut.
- Steam the puttu till it is done.
Tips for the recipe - You can make puttu with either rice flour or puttu flour.Puttu flour taste much better than rice flour.
Puttu flour - (soak raw rice for 1 hr & pat dry it on wet cloth till all the water is absorbed. Then powder it immediately when there is some moisture.)
Kadalai Curry(group I)
- Boiled black chickpeas - 1-11/2 cup
- Ginger-garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Mustard - 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves - few
- Green chillies - 3
- Chilli powder - 1/2tsp
- Onions - 1
- Tomato - 1 big
- Sliced coconut
- Oil as required
- Salt to taste
Dry roast & powder(group II)
- Coriander seeds - 2 tsp
- Fennel seeds- 1 tsp
- Cloves - 2
- Cinnamon- 1 inch
- Roast & powder the group II ingredients & keep it aside.
- Heat the pan on medium flame with some oil. Splutter some mustard & add ginger garlic paste to it. Fry till the oil seperates.
- Now add curry leaves, chillies & onions. Fry till onions turn medium brown color.
- Add tomatoes, salt & chilly powder. Fry till it becomes mashy.
- Pour some water & allow to boil for 10 minutes.
- Now add sliced coconut & the masala powder. Allow to boil for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat & serve it with hot puttu.