- Dosa batter - 1 cup
- Onion - 1/2 small size onion (Chopped)
- Curry leaves - few (chopped)
- Channa dal - 1 tsp (optional)
- Mustard & Urad dal - 1/4 tsp
- Ginger - 1 tsp (chopped)
- Green chillies - 1 (chopped)
- Coriander leaves - few (chopped)
- Red chillies - 1 (halved)
- Oil - 1-2 tbsp
- Salt for taste
- Heat oil in kadai on high medium flame.
- Splutter mustard, urad dal, channa dal, curry leaves, ginger & green chilies one by one.
- Add onions, salt and fry well.
- Now switch off the flame & add the onion mixture & coriander leaves to the batter. Mix well.
- Heat the Dosa tawah on medium high.
- Rub the pan with oil dipped cloth or tissue towel.
- Spread one or two ladle of batter on the tawa, starting from the middle in a rotating motion to make dosa.
- Drizzle some oil & cook for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Now flip the dosa using spatula & cook both the side till it becomes brown in color.
Tips for the recipe - This type of dosa is little thick. Old batter works good for this type of dosa. Normally dosa wont taste that good if the batter is old & very sour. In that case you can make this method of dosa & it tasty. You can serve this dosa with any chutney or idly podi or even sugar taste good for this dosa.