- Pumpkin - 1/4 medium size pumpkin or 2-3 cups
- Onion - 1 small size onion (Chopped)
- Curry leaves - 1 spring
- Mustard & Urad dal - 1/2 tsp
- Coconut - 1 tbsp (grated)
- Green chillies - 4 or adjust
- Chilly or sambar powder - 1-2 tsp
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Salt for taste
- Wash the pumkin, deseed & cut it into small cubes.
- Cover & cook the vegetable on low flame by adding water, a spoon of chilly powder & salt.
- Remove from heat & keep it aside once it is done.
- Heat oil in the pan on high medium flame.
- Splutter mustard, urad dal, curry leaves & green chilies one by one.
- Add onions, sambar powder, salt and fry till it becomes light brown in color.
- Now add the cooked vegetable and fry carefully, not to mash it.
- Finally add the coconut & jaggery.
- Remove from heat & serve as side dish for rice.
Tips for the recipe - If the pumpkin is already sweet & taste, then little jaggery will do. or else add some more jaggery for better taste. The one in the pic i cooked today was really soft & so tasty. so i added very less jaggery.