Ingredients (group I)
- Tomatoes - 10 medium size
- Tamarind paste - 1 tbsp(adjust)
- Sambhar powder/chilly powder - 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
Tempering (group II)
- Sesame oil
- Mustard - 1/4 tsp
- Fenugreek seed - 1/4 tsp
- curry leaves - few
- Garlic crushed or chopped - 15
- Hing - 1/4 tsp
- Heat 1/2 cup of sesame oil in the pan.
- Add the tomatoes & fry well. Now add sambar powder & tamarind paste to it.
- Add the salt & allow to cook till it becomes completely mashy & no raw smell.
- Finally do the tempering with group II ingredients & add it to the pickle.
- Remove it from the stove when the oil separates.
- Once cooled, this can be bottled & refrigerated.