Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Green chicken tikka



Ingredients
Group I
(1/2 cup of masala)
  • Lemon juice (approximately from 1/4th of lemon)
  • Green chillies - 6
  • Mint - handful
  • Coriander leaves - handful

Group II
  • Chicken(cut into bitable pieces) - 1 chicken breast (skin out, without ribs)
  • Yogurt - 1/4 cup
  • Melted butter and olive oil - 1 tbsp
  • Ginger and garlic paste - 1 tbsp
  • Coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
  • Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
  • Cumin powder - 1/4 tsp
  • Pepper - 1/4 tsp
  • Salt to taste
Method
  • Grind the group I ingredients to a smooth paste.
  • Mix all the group II ingredients together & add the group I paste.
  • Mix well & marinate it for at-least 1-2 hour. This can be refrigerated for marination.
  • Now preheat the oven to 400 degree fahrenheit.
  • Thread the chicken pieces on the skewers & place it in the oven for 15- 20 minutes or till it is done.
  • Do not forget to place the tray to catch the drippings.
  • When the chicken is done, arrange it in the serving plate or tray. 
  • Sprinkle some chat masala & serve it with onion rings.

Tips for the recipe - For restaurant style tikka or tandoori turn the oven to the broil mode & continue to broil for another 1-3 minutes. While doing this, the oven door should be open. Or else this can be grilled using a griller.
I grilled one batch of boneless chicken. And for the next batch(with bones) i used the oven(posted both the pictures).

I made yogurt side dish for this. here is the recipe:
Fry 1 or 2 pinches of kasuri methi in 1 spoon of olive oil & mixed it with slightly beaten yogurt(1/2 cup). Add a pinch of black salt, & regular salt if needed. Mix and serve.


4 comments:

  1. I am making this as we speak. I cannot wait for my hubby to try it. Its is the perfect meal idea! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so indulgent and lush!

    ReplyDelete
  3. delicious chicken tikka .First time your blog am following u . Glad if u follow me back .
    www.cookingatmayflower.blogspot.com
    www.beenascreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The post is written in very a good manner and it entails much useful information for me. I am happy to find your blog as even I love cooking India food network cooking channel

    ReplyDelete

Followers