- Potatoes - 4
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 1/2 tbsp
- Pepper corns - 2 tbsp
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Salt to taste
- Oil as required
- Boil the potatoes with salt. Drain the water when its done. Add some cold water. Then peel the skin and cut them into small cubes.
- Coarsely grind the pepper corns.
- Heat oil to the pan on low flame. Add ginger garlic paste and sauté till the oil separates.
- Now add pepper, curry leaves, salt and the potatoes. Mix slowly till it gets coated.
- Increase the flame to medium and allow the potatoes get roasted.
- It may take 10-15 minutes. Mix it every 3-4 minutes till its done. Serve it as a side dish for rice.
Tips for the recipe - Boil the potatoes & then cut them into cubes. This will help the pepper masala to get nicely coated with the potato.