This is very simple yet tasty dish with few ingredients. Mom use to add tomatoes to this. But this recipe is more yummy than adding tomatoes.
- Ridge gourd (long variety) - 4
- Onion - 2
- Sambar powder - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves - few
- Mustard and urad dal - 1 tsp
- Oil as required
- Scrap the outer skin and chop the vegetable into small cubes.
- Heat oil to the pan on medium flame. Splutter mustard and urad dal.
- Add curry leaves and onions. Fry till onion becomes translucent.
- Now add the vegetable, salt and sambhar powder. Fry for a minute. No need to add water.
- Cover and cook it on low flame. The vegetable will ooze out water.
- Stir often till the vegetable in done and becomes dry. Serve it with rice.
Tips for the recipe - You can either slightly or completely scrap the outer skin of the vegetable.
Both taste good. Here I scraped it out completely. You can use it for chutney.