- Purple cabbage - 1 1/2 cups (finely chopped)
- Cooked rice - 2 cup
- Garlic - 1 1/2 tbsp
- Green chillies - 4 (finely chopped)
- Onion - 1/2 medium size(chopped)
- Fried cashew (optional)- 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves - handful
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Heat oil in the pan & fry garlic & chillies.
- Add onion to it & fry well.
- Now add the chopped cabbage & continue frying. Do not cover.
- Fry till the cabbage is done.
- Now add the rice & mix well.
- Finally add the chopped coriander leaves & the cashews.
- Serve hot.
Tips for the recipe - Make sure to cool the plain rice completely before adding it to the cabbage.It is not necessary to cook the cabbage completely. You can add the rice when it is 3/4th done. I like my cabbage little crunchy. you can cook it according to your taste.