- King/Seer/Vanjaram Fish - 5 fillets
- Ginger - 1 1/2 inches
- Garlic - 8
- Coriander powder - 1 tbsp
- Aniseeds powder - 1 tsp
- Chilly powder - 1 tbsp or adjust
- All Purpose Flour - 2 Tbsp
- Lemon - half lime
- Salt to taste
- Oil for shallow frying
- Grind ginger, garlic to smooth paste.
- Mix all the other ingredients together except fish.
- Apply it on the fillets & keep it in the sun for 1 hour or it can be marinated overnight.
- Heat oil on the pan & place the fillets.
- Roast it on medium flame.
- Drizzle some more oil if necessary.
- Flip the fish & roast both the side till it becomes dark brown in color.
Tips for the recipe - While placing the fish on the pan check that the fillets has enough masala on it. You can use any fish which taste good for roasting like catla, rough, tilapia, salmon & so on.