- Snake-gourd - 2
- Onion - 1/2 small size onion (Chopped)
- Curry leaves - 1 spring
- Mustard & Urad dal - 1/2 tsp
- Coconut - 1 tbsp (grated)
- Green chillies - 4 or adjust
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Salt for taste
- Scrap the outer skin of the vegetable.
- Cut it into half (lengthwise), deseed & Chop it.
- Cover & cook the vegetable on low flame by adding little water & salt.
- Remove from heat & keep it aside once it is done.
- Heat oil in the pan on high medium flame.
- Splutter mustard, urad dal, curry leaves & green chilies one by one.
- Add onions, salt and fry till it becomes brown in color.
- Now add the cooked vegetable and fry well.
- Finally add the coconut & mix well.
- Remove from heat & serve as side dish for rice.
Tips for the recipe - Fry the onions wells before adding the vegetable. Even chopped shallots can be used instead of onions for better taste. Do not add much water to cook the vegetable. Just sprinkling little water will do. The vegetable doesn't looks & tastes good if it is over cooked.