- Beetroot - 2 medium size (finely chopped or grated)
- Onion - 1 medium size (chopped)
- Curry leaves - few
- Mustard - 1/4 tsp
- Urad dal - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Green chillies - 5 (slitted)
- Coconut - 1 tbsp (shredded)
- Oil as required
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in kadai on high medium flame.
- Splutter mustard, urad dal, cumin seeds, curry leaves & green chilies one by one.
- Add onions, salt and fry till it becomes light brown in color.
- Now add the vegetable and fry well.
- Sprinkle little water & cover the pan.
- Reduce the flame to low medium & cook till it is done.
- Finally add the coconut & mix well.
- Remove from heat & serve as side dish.