- Tomato - 3 medium size
- Boiled Eggs (optional) - 4
- Onion - 1 medium size
- Chilly powder - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves - few
- Mustard & urad dal - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves - handful
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Coconut - 2 tbsp
- Cloves - 2
- Cinnamon - 1/2 inch
- Aniseed - 1 tsp
- Cardamon - 2
- Ginger - 1/2 inch
- Garlic - 3
- Heat oil in kadai, on high medium flame.
- Splutter mustard, urad dal & curry leaves.
- Add onions and fry well, till it becomes brown in color.
- Now add the chilly powder & salt. Fry for 1 minute.
- Add the ground masala & fry well.
- Add some water & cover it with the lid.
- Cook it on medium flame till it becomes little thick & no raw smell in the masala.
- Add the chopped tomatoes & mix well.
- Cover & continue to cook for few minutes till there is no raw smell in the tomato.
- Do not make the tomatoes completely mashy.
- Add the boiled eggs & garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Serve it with roti.
Tips for the recipe - Use fresh ripe tomatoes for good taste.