- Beans - 2 (Chopped)
- Splited moong dal - 1/2 cup
- Caster oil - 1 tsp
- Cumin - 1/2 tsp
- Onion - 1 medium size (Chopped)
- Hing - 2 pinches
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Pepper - 1/2 tsp (crushed)
- Curry leaves - 1 spring
- Mutard & Urad dal - 1/2 tsp
- Coconut - 1 tbsp (shredded)
- Oil - 1-2 tbsp
- Salt for taste
To Grind Coarsely
- Coconut - 1 tbsp
- Green chillies - 6
- Cook dal & beans together, by adding water & caster oil.
- Cook it till it till the dal becomes mashy.
- Or you can even pressure cooker it for 2 whistles.
- Coarsly grind the coconut with chillies & mix it with the cooked dal.
- Add salt to it.
- Heat oil in kadai on high medium flame.
- Splutter mustard, urad dal, hing, cumin, pepper & curry leaves one by one.
- Add onions, turmeric powder, salt and fry till the onion becomes brown in color.
- Add the dal to the onion mixture & mix well.
- Add coconut & allow it to cook for 2 minutes.
- Then remove from heat & serve hot with roti or rice.
Tips for the recipe - You can also add a tsp of ghee while serving it with rice.