- Carrots - 3 big size
- Milk - 3 cups
- Cardamom - 1/4 tsp
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Khoya or milk powder(without sweet) - 3 tbsp
- Fried cashews - 1/2 tbsp
- Almonds - 1/2 tbsp
- Pistachios -1/2 tbsp
- Wash and grate the carrots.
- Add the grated carrots to the milk & allow it to cook in medium flame.
- Cook till the milk gets almost absorbed(not completely) & the carrot should become tender.
- Now add sugar & milk powder
- Mix well till all the milk gets absorbed.
- Add ghee & cardamom powder.
- Mix all the nuts & remove halwa from heat.
Tips for the recipe Cook the halwa only on medium low flame. Choose good red carrots for good taste & color. If you are adding sweeten khoya or sweeten milk powder then slightly reduce the sugar quantity mentioned in the recipe.