- Oil for deep frying
- Ragi Flour - 1 cup (235 ml)
- Onion - 1 big size (chopped)
- Roasted channa dal/ pottukadalai/ roasted gram - 1 tbsp
- Green chillies - 3-4 (chopped)
- Red chillies - 2 (halved)
- Curry leaves - 2 sprig (chopped)
- Garlic - 5 (grated)
- Ginger - 1 inch (grated)
- Coriander leaves - 2 tbsp
- Butter - 1 tsp
- Mix all the group II ingredients together with less water & keep it aside for 20 minutes.
- Heat the oil & drop the mixture, in the form of small pieces.
- Fry them in batches, till it becomes light & crispy.
Variation - Ragi vadas can also be prepared using the same mixture.Take some prepared mixture & make medium sized ball. Now flatten the ball to bring it to flat round shape. Deep fry the vadas till it becomes crispy.
Tips for the recipe - (For pakoda) If you add more water pakoda may not turn out crispy. So add less water & fry testing few pieces. If they are very hard than add little more water (1 tbsp at a time) & then fry again.
(For Vada) Apply some oil on your palm so that you can flatten the vada easily. vada are not as crispy as the pakodas.