- Horse gram - 1/2 cup
- Red onions - 1/2 cup approximately (chopped)
- Coconut (fresh) - 1/2 cup (shredded or chopped)
- Red chillies - 3
- Tamarind - Gooseberry size
- Oil as required
- Salt to taste
- Heat little oil in the pan & roast the horse gram along with chillies & tamarind.
- Roast till the horse gram turns slight brown in color.
- Allow it to cool.
- Now grind it with coconut & salt.
- At the time of serving add the onions & serve it with roti.
Tips for the recipe - Use fresh & finely chopped red onions for better taste. Do not use white or yellow onions.