- Par boiled rice - 1 1/2 cups
- Curd - 2 1/2 cups (235 ml each cup)
- Milk - 1 cup
- Cumin - 2 tsp
- Ginger - 1 1/2 tbsp (finely chopped or grated)
- Green chillies - 6 or for taste( chopped)
- Hing - 1/4 tsp
- Cashews - 2 1/2 tbsp
- Raisin - 2 1/2 tbsp
- Curry leaves - 2 string
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves - 1/4 cup (chopped)
- Salt for taste
- Pressure cook the rice with 5 cups of water & allow it to cool slightly.
- Add milk to it, when it is warm & mix well.
- Allow it to cool.
- Stir in the curd & mix well.
- Add water if necessary.
- Heat pan with oil.
- Fry cashews till it is light brown in color & add it to the curd rice.
- Also fry raisin & add to the rice.
- Splutter cumin seeds.
- Fry hing, curry leaves, green chillies & ginger one by one.
- Add this fried mixture to the rice.
- Add coriander leaves, sugar & salt.
- Mix well & serve.
Tips for the recipe - The consistency of curd rice should be semi liquid. The curd should not be very sour & it should be thick. You can also add one more tbsp of cashew & raisin.