- Horse gram - 1/2 cup
- Red onions - 1 medium size (chopped)
- Green chilly - 4 or adjust according to spice level needed
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Coriander seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves - 2 or 3 strings
- Coriander leaves - 2 handfuls
- Salt to taste.
- Remove stones from horse gram if any.
- Clean & wash the horse gram.
- Add fresh water & boil the horse gram with Cumin seeds & Coriander seeds till it is tender.
- Allow it to cool.
- Now add onions, curry leaves, green chillies & salt to the horse gram & give one or two turns in the blender. Do not grind it very soft.
- Finally add chopped coriander leaves & mix well.
- Serve it with hot rice.
Tips for the recipe - The gram should be mashy.Instead of big onions you can also use shallots. It will increase the taste of the dish.