- Egg white - from 1 large egg
- Oil for deep frying
- Chicken with bone or boneless - 1/2 kg chicken ( cut into bitable pieces)
- Curry leaves - 1 spring (chopped)
- Green chillies - 2 (thinly chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 1/2 tbsp
- Orange red food color - 1-2 pinches
- Rice four - 1/4 tsp
- Vinegar or lemon juice - 2 tbsp
- Chilly powder - 1 tsp or to taste
- Pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds - a pinch
- Corn flour - 2 tbsp
- All purpose flour or maida - 3 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Wash & clean the chicken.
- Drain the water completely.
- Rub the cumin seeds between the palms of your hand & add it to the chicken.
- Mix all other marination ingredients together to the chicken.
- Let it sit in the refrigerator for at least 2 hrs.
- After 2 hours mix the egg white & leave it for 15 minutes.
- Then deep fry the chicken pieces on medium high flame.
- Remove the chicken from the oil when it is done.
- Drain the excess oil & serve hot with lemon & onion.
Tip for the recipe - If you have time, you can marinate the chicken overnight & mix the egg 2 hours before deep frying.