- Apple - 1/4 cup
- Grapes - 1/4 cup
- Pomegranate - 1/4 cup
- Banana - 1/4 cup
- Mango - 1/4 cup
To Soak & Grind
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Almonds - 6
- Cashews - 1 1/2 tbsp
- Condensed milk - 1/3 cup
- Whole milk - 1 cup
- Nutmeg powder - 2 pinches
- Butter - 1tbsp or as required
- Soak almonds & cashews in half a cup of hot water for two hours.
- Grind almonds & cashews to a smooth paste using the soaked water.
- After grinding, mix the left over soaked water with the paste & keep aside.
- Roast each variety of fruit (group I ingredients) separately, with little butter & keep aside.
- Mix condensed milk & whole milk in the heavy bottom pan & bring it to boil.
- Reduce the flame to low medium.
- Let it boil for few minutes. Keep stirring.
- Now add the nutmeg powder, almond paste & mix well.
- When the kheer starts boiling, stir & continue to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now switch off the flame.
- After 10- 15 minutes mix the roasted fruits.
- Serve warm or chilled.
Tips for the recipe - Do not mash the fruit while frying or mixing. Fry each fruit less than a minute.