- Brinjal - 6 nos(Chopped lengthwise)
- Potato - 1 big (Cubed)
- Onion - 1/2 medium size onion (Chopped)
- Curry leaves - 1 spring
- Mutard & Urad dal - 1/2 tsp
- Sambhar powder - 1 or 2 tsp
- Coconut - 2 tbsp
- Garlic - 6
- Red chillies - 2
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Salt for taste
- Add 1/4 cup of water to the potato & brinjal.
- Cook the vegetable on low flame by adding Salt, sambhar powder & 4 crushed garlic.
- Completely cook the vegetable till it absorbs all the water.
- Heat oil in kadai on high medium flame.
- Splutter mustard, urad dal, curry leaves & red chilies one by one.
- Add onions, remaining garlic (crushed), salt and fry till it becomes brown in color.
- Now add the vegetable and fry well.
- Finally add the coconut & mix well.
- Remove from heat & serve hot.
Tips for the recipe - Select small & tender brinjals for good taste.