This kind of fry is easy to make when you want to prepare both the gravy & fry for your menu. You can make any kind of chicken gravy & just remove few pieces from the gravy & prepare this fry. Since the chicken pieces are already cooked, it takes comparatively less time for the preparation & it tastes really good. Whenever i prepare chicken gravy, I never miss to make this fry since every one in our family loves it.
- Cooked chicken pieces(from any gravy) - approximately 1/2 kg
- Chicken gravy - 1/4 cup
- Onion - 2 1/2 medium size (Chopped lengthwise)
- Curry leaves - 3 strings
- Tomato - 1 big size(chopped)
- Garlic - 3(chopped lengthwise)
- Chilly powder - 1/2 tsp (adjust)
- Pepper powder - 3/4 tsp
- Mustard -1/4 tsp
- Urad Dal - 1/4 tsp
- Coriander leaves - 2 tbsp(chopped)
- Oil - 5 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in kadai, on high medium flame.
- Splutter mustard, urad dal & curry leaves one by one.
- Add garlic, onions and fry well, till it becomes brown in color.
- Add the chopped tomatoes & continue frying till it becomes mashy.
- Now add chilly powder & salt.
- Fry for 1 minute.
- Now add the chicken pieces with the gravy & mix well.
- Keep frying the chicken for 2-3 minutes till it becomes slightly dry.
- Do not make it very dry.
- Add pepper, coriander leaves & mix well.
- Serve hot with rice.
Tips for the recipe - If you use the chicken pieces from the chettinad style curries , then it really tastes good. Even from any other gravy also works. Fry the onions well before adding the tomatoes. Do not neglect to add chilly powder and pepper, assuming that it is only to increase the spice level. Pepper actually adds more flavor & taste to the fry. If you don't add chilly powder, the the fry may taste little sweet because of the onions & tomatoes in the fry.