- Bombay rava - 1cup
- Apple - 1/2 cup
- Grapes - 1/2 cup
- Orange - 1/2 cup
- Banana 1/2 cup
- Pineapple - 1/2 cup
- Mango - 1/2 cup
- Water - 2 1/2 cups
- Yellow food color - little
- Fried cashew - 1 tbsp
- Sugar - 2 cups
- Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
- Ghee - 1/2 cup or as required
- Roast each variety of fruit (group I ingredient) separately, with little ghee & keep aside.
- Roast rava separately & keep aside.
- Bring water to boil. Reduce the flame to low medium.
- When water starts bubbling, slowly add the rava & mix carefully without any lumps.
- Cover & cook for 1minute.
- Now add food color, sugar & mix well.
- Add ghee little by little & mix till it becomes thick.
- Now add the cardamom powder & fried cashews.
- When the kesari becomes thick add the fruits & mix carefully. Do not mash the fruits.
- Serve warm.
Tips for the recipe - Do not mash the fruit while frying or mixing. Fry each fruit less than a minute. Saffron can also be used as a substitute for food color.