- Horse gram - 1/2 cup
- Red onions - 1 small size (chopped)
- Green chilly - 4 or adjust according to spice level needed
- Mustard & Urad dal - 1/4 tsp
- Ginger - 1/4 - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves - 1 strings
- Coconut - 2 tbsp (shredded)
- Coriander leaves - handful
- Salt to taste
- Add some water & pressure cook the horse gram on high for 3 or 4 whistles.
- Drain the water completely & reserve it for horse gram curry or rasam.
- Heat oil in kadai on high medium flame.
- Splutter mustard, urad dal, curry leaves, ginger & green chilies one by one.
- Add onions and fry till it becomes slight brown in color.
- Now add the boiled gram and salt.
- Fry well & add the coconut & mix well.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves.
Tips for the recipe - Drain the water from the gram completely so that the sundal looks dry after frying.You can also soak the gram over night if you have time. In that case do not pressure cooker the gram. Just cook it on heavy bottom pan till it becomes soft.