- Channa Dal - 1 Cup
- Red chillies - 10
- Aniseed - 1 tbsp
- Toor dal - 2 tbsp
- Cinnamon stick - 1 inch
- Oil for Deep Frying
- Green chillies - 5 Nos (chopped)
- Ginger - 1 inch piece (chopped)
- Garlic - 3 (chopped)
- Coriander leaves - 1/4 cup (chopped)
- Mint leaves - 1/4 cup (chopped)
- Curry leaves - 2 springs (chopped)
- Onions - 1 (Chopped)
- Salt to Taste
- Soak both the dals separately for an hour.
- Take 2 tbsp of soaked channa dal & keep it with the group II ingredients.
- Grind rest of the channa dal with group I ingredients to a thick paste.
- Mix all the group II ingredients with the grinded dal mixture.
- Shape it into medium sized balls.
- Then flatten the balls slightly into the shapes of vada & deep fry till it becomes golden brown on medium flame.
Tip for the recipe - Shallots can be using instead of red onion for good taste. Use minimum amount of water while grinding the dal. Instead of grinding the aniseeds it can be also used as a whole seeds or in the powdered form.