- Basmathi rice - 2 cups
- Mixed vegetables - 1 cup(carrot, beans, peas, corn)
- ginger garlic paste - 1 1/2 tsp
- onion - 1 big( chopped)
- green chillies - 5(silted)
- oil - 2 tbsp
- pepper - 1/2 tsp or adjust as per taste (optional)
- Salt for taste.
- Soak the rice for half an hour.Wash the rice & drain the water.
- Add 4 cups of fresh water to the rice in the pressure pan.
- Bring it to boil.
- When the water starts bubbling, cover the lid, reduce the heat to medium & cook it for 15 mints.
- Allow the rice to cook.Each grain of rice should be separate.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add garlic and ginger paste in oil.
- Fry till the oil separates.
- Add onions & green chillies.
- Saute it for till it becomes slight brown.
- Stir in & fry all the chopped vegetables.
- Add salt & saute it.
- Take care that vegetables are not overcooked, they should be little crunchy.
- Now add the cooked rice & mix well.check for salt.
- Finally add the pepper & serve hot.
Tips for the recipe - You can add very few drops(app.1/4 tsp) of lemon juice or butter while cooking the rice so that it helps the grains to look separate.