- Red Beans(Karamani) - 1/2 cup
- Pumpkin - 3 full cups(medium sized cubes)
- Coconut Milk(thick) - 225 ml(approximately)
- Coconut Oil - 1 tbsp
- Green Chillies - 5(Slitted)
- Curry Leaves - 2 Strings
- Hing - a pinch
- Cumin Powder - a pinch
- Salt - for taste
- Boil the pumpkin with little salt and keep aside.
- Wash and clean the red beans thoroughly.
- Pressure cook the red beans (approximately 5 whistles in high flame)till it is tender and half broken.
- Wash the cooked beans with running water and take care that it should not become mashy.
- Boil coconut milk and pumpkin for 10 minutes in a sauce pan.
- Add the cooked beans , salt and mix evenly.
- Add cumin powder, hing, curry leaves and green chillies.
- Allow it to boil till the gravy thickens.
- Remove it from flame by adding coconut oil at desire consistency.
- Serve it with rice or chappati.
Tips for the recipe - Both Pumpkin and Red beans should be tender for good taste. Chaokoh tin coconut milk is the one which i use for my recipes. It is really thick and tasty.