- Cooked rice - 1cup ( even any yesterdays left over plain rice at room temperature works good)
- Butter milk - 2cups or more as needed.
- Mustard - 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal - 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves - 1 string
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Salt for taste
- Mash the boiled rice using spatula or give a quick mix using your blender.
- Remove the rice from the blender and add the buttermilk in & mix will.
- Add salt.
- Heat pan with oil.
- Add mustard & urad dal. Let it splutter.
- Now add the curry leaves.
- Allow it to become black in color.
- Remove it from fire as soon as it becomes black & pour it in to the buttermilk rice.
Tips for the recipe - This type of buttermilk rice taste good only when the curry leaves becomes black color. You can add more buttermilk even later if the rice becomes very thick. The consistency of the buttermilk rice should be little watery.