- Capsicum - 1 big or 2 small in size.(cut into medium size cubes)
- Eggs - 2
- Homemade sambhar powder or chilly powder - 1 tsp or adjust as per your spice level (Sambhar powder is a mixture of south Indian spices.If the Homemade sambhar powder is not available then you can substitute it with plain chilly powder)
- Onion - 1 big size(chopped)
- Garlic - 2(chopped)
- Curry leaves - 1 string
- Mustard -1/4 tsp
- Urad dal - 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
- Chopped coriander leaves - 2 or 3 tbsp
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste.
- Chop the capsicum into medium size cubes.
- Heat oil in the pan & add mustard.allow it to splutter.
- Add Urad dal & wait for it to turn golden brown.
- Now add onions,garlic & curry leaves.
- Fry for 2 to 3 mints.
- Stir in the chopped capsicum & fry till it is cooked, not too tender but little crunchy.
- Now add salt,sambhar powder & garam masala & fry for 1 minute.
- Add half of the chopped coriander leaves & give a quick mix.
- Last step is to break in the raw eggs & fry till it is done.
- Add the remaining coriander leaves & remove from fire.
Tips for the recipe - Don't saute the coriander leaves too much. Do not over fry the eggs( for any recipe unless the recipe calls for over frying). Just remove from fire once it is done. Then it tastes good.