- Menthi - 1 big bunch( cleaned & washed)
- Onion - 1 medium size ( chopped)
- Curry leaves - 1 spring
- Green chillies - 4 (slitted)
- Garlic - 3 (crushed)
- Mustard & urad dal -1/2 tsp
- Oil - 1tbsp
- salt for taste
- Heat the pan with oil on medium flame.
- Splutter mustard & urad dal.
- Add curry leaves, green chillies , garlic & onions one by one.
- Add salt & saute well.
- Now add the washed menthi & mix well.
- Do not add water.
- Cover & cook the menthi by reducing the flame to low, till it is done.
- Now remove the lid & saute the menthi, till it absorbs all the water & looks dry.
- Mix the shredded coconut & serve hot.
Tips for the recipe - Red onions or shallots works well for the recipe. Fresh coconut in this recipe tastes goods than the frozen.