- Tomato - 1
- Lemon Juice - 3 - 4 tbsp(adjust)
- Toor dal - 1/4 cup
- Turmeric powder - little
- Garlic - 6-7
- Green chillies - 4 (slitted)
- Curry leaves - 1 spring
- Mustard - 1/4 tsp
- Pepper corn - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Fenugreek seeds - 2 pinches
- Hing - 3 pinches
- Coriander leaves - handful (chopped)
- Salt for taste
- Boil dal & tomatoes with salt & turmeric powder.
- Allow it to cool & mash it completely. Add some water if necessary & bring it to the consistency of rasam.
- Crush the garlic & keep it aside.
- Make a powder of cumin & pepper.
- Add green chillies & curry leaves to the dal water.
- Adjust salt.
- Heat oil in the pan & splutter mustard.
- Add fenugreek seeds & hing.
- Now pour in the dal water.
- When the water starts bubbling, add the crushed garlic along with the powdered cumin & pepper. Also add the lemon juice.
- Allow it to boil for very few seconds.
- Sprinkle the chopped coriander leaves & remove it from fire.
Tip for the recipe - Do not allow the rasam to boil for a long time. It makes the rasam less tasty.