- Beetroot - 1 medium size (grated)
- Curd - 1 cup
- Onion - 1 small size (chopped)
- Cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Mustard & urad dal - 1/4 tsp
- Ginger - 1/4 tsp (grated)
- Hing - a pinch
- Green chillies - 2 (slitted)
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in the pan and let the mustard, urad dal & cumin seeds splutter on high-medium flame.
- Then add the chillies, ginger, hing and onions.
- Add salt & saute till the onions turn transparent.
- Then add the beetroot & fry well.
- Sprinkle some water if necessary.
- Switch off the flame when it is done.
- Allow it to cool slightly & mix curd.
- Serve it as a side dish for rice or roti.
Tips for the recipe - No need to add water if the vegetable is very juicy. It is not necessary to cook the vegetable completely. You can remove it from flame when it is 3/4th done or to your taste.