- Potato - 1 large
- Ginger-garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Mint leaves - handful
- Coriander leaves - handful
- Green chillies - 3 (adjust)
- Curry leaves - few
- Coriander powder - 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder - a pinch
- Lemon juice (optional) - few drops
- Mustard & urad dal - 1/4 tsp
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Few mint or coriander leaves for garnishing
- Boil the potato with some salt & cut it into medium size cubes.
- Grind together & make a paste of mint leaves, coriander leaves & green chillies by adding some water.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in the pan & splutter mustard & urad dal.
- Add ginger-garlic paste & fry till the oil separates.
- Add onions & fry well on medium flame. Add salt.
- Now add the mint paste & fry for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, turmeric powder, coriander powder & mix gently.
- Reduce the flame to low medium. Stir occasionally & add the remaining oil if necessary.
- Fry the potatoes till it becomes dry.
- You can add little lemon juice if you wish.
- Garnish it with coriander or mint leaves.
- Serve it with roti or rice.
Tips for the recipe - This mint flavored potato can be also used as a stuffing for puff pastries, samosas, bread sandwich and so on. If you are preparing this recipe for stuffing then just slightly mash the potatoes, so that it becomes a perfect filling.