- Heavy whipping cream - 1 cup
- Milk - 1 cup
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Corn flour - 1 tsp
- Vanilla essence - 1/2 tsp
- Mix the cornflour with little milk & keep it aside to avoid lumps.
- Heat the remaining milk on medium flame.
- When the milk is about to boil, add the sugar & then cornflour mixture.
- Stir continuously. When the milk starts thickening(do not allow it to thicken too much) remove it from the flame & add the vanilla essence.
- Allow the mixture to cool for few minutes.
- Now add the cream & mix well.
- Cool it completely. Pour it in the ice cream maker & follow the manufactures instruction.
Tips for the recipe - You can use whole milk or milk with any fat level works good for this recipe. In fact i used fat free milk & still enjoyed a tasty treat. Serve it plain or garnish it with fruits or chocolate sauce or anything of your choice.