Ingredients (Group I)
- Pineapple - 2 round slices (chopped)
- Toor dal - 2 tsp
- Tomato - 1 small or medium size
- Coriander leaves - few (chopped)
- Lemon juice - 1/2 lime
- Salt to taste
- Tamarind - medium gooseberry size (soak it in hot water & extract the juice)
- Garlic - 3 (crushed)
- Green chillies - 2 (crushed)
To powder (Group III)
- Coriander seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin - 1/4 tsp
- Pepper - 1/4 tsp
For Seasoning (Group IV)
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Mustard - 1/4 tsp
- Urad dal - 1/4 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds - a pinch
- Hing - 2 pinches
- Curry leaves - few
- Chilly powder - 1/4 - 1/2 tsp or adjust
- Pressure cook toor dal & tomatoes. Allow it to cool & mash it.
- Add all the group II ingredients to the mashed dal.
- Crush the pineapple in the blender (not completely, few pieces should be visible) & add it to the dal. Now bring this dal mixture to boil.
- Add the coriander leaves & lemon juice. Remove it from flame.
- Now do the seasoning.
- Heat oil to the pan & add all the group IV ingredients one by one in the same order.
- Take care do not burn the chilly powder.
- Pour the mixture in the rasam & serve it with rice.